Explain what your business is/does?

My business is the narrative, documentary, experimental film business. 

When did you start it?

The site started in 2010

Why did you start it?

I started it with my collaborator Rodrigo Ojeda-Beck, as a site to share our work, and eventually to commission other artist to make work to share as well.

How did the recession affect you and your business?

The recession's effect, cause use to be able to release less work, and it did not allow us to commission work, which is a future goal.

What do you like about your work?

Well, I love making films, and want to do that forever.

What are the challenges?

The challenges are financing, with the down turn in the economy, many investors are looking for more safe bet film, films with named actors attached, and that's great. But the result has been that it's harder to build a career, when you need a named actor attached to your project to get it made. It requires that you may decide on someone known rather the someone right for the part.

How did your CSUMB education prepare you?

My undergraduate was in film, and filmmaking. They gave me the platform to grow, and still today help when I have questions about how specific things work.

Do you have any advice for others who may be considering starting a business?

I think when you start a business, you have to know it's something you will love to do, rather the thinking about the immediate financial gain. We are three years into this business, and still building, but the future of what we will be able to do, is what I look towards and I think you need that, because it does take years to build a strong sustainable business.

Anything else you'd like to add?

We are working on some really great projects, and the future is bright!